Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cats and Christmas Trees!!

We put up our Christmas tree about a two weeks ago. It is nice and all pretty and ready to have some presents under it. So naturally it is our kittens first Christmas so she has not experienced the tree as of yet! Well of course she thinks that it was put there just for her to play with. Cause why else would you put something that has fun hanging things and lots of branches for her to pull on???
Right, I hate her right now just so that is clear! She has been messing with it every day and I can't get her to stay away from it.
I hate it because I beat her every time I catch her doing it but when I don't and I just come home to it, I feel bad for punishing her cause I didn't actually witness the act. It could also be our other cat but he is not as bad as she is so I just assume most of the time it is her...........
Am I a bad mom for wanting to kick her out onto the street? :-)
I just want her to play with her million toys we have for her, is that so much to ask? Must she destroy everything nice we have? Because she sure is trying the Christmas tree is just one of the many things.
I think that I have the devils cat. She doesn't listen either not like our other good kitty who is so precious.
I am starting to think I like dogs more then cats.....................
Ok, maybe not cause cats still pee in a box and I am a big fan of them going to the bathroom by themselves. For the love of Pete please stop messing with the Christmas tree!!!

4 comments:

Camie said...

Yup.. Sounds just like my child!! Just wait. you think you kitten is bad. Wait until you turn your back to pee and your toddler runs to the tree and pulls every ornament with in reach off and drops them on the ground and you find him standing in the middle of thousands of peices of broken glass. Which is how I found my newphew a few years back when his mother was not watching him. Words of wisdom. Whith small children and Kittens..buy shaterproff ornaments. There GREAT!!!

Sheila said...

I think you should put your kitten in the basement. Forever. Really.

Anonymous said...

YOU BE NICE TO THAT KITTY!! She's just having fun. She'll grow out of the naughty phase! I let Nimbus climb all over my tree last year...it just comes with the territory, especially for the first Christmas!

Just think, children will be so much worse! This is good practice for you :)

And DO NOT listen to Sheila on this one...Storm does not belong in the basement! That's sad!

Elizabeth said...

Camie-thanks for the advice will use.

Sheila-No, you know it is too cold down there for her.

Kristi-calm down geez! I haven't killed her yet..... :-)